The Digital Director is responsible for creating and implementing an annual digital, video and social media plan and managing online communications, in concert with the Communications Manager or Director, leadership, and staff. S/he/they should be skilled in managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and while maintaining a sharp focus on details. S/he/they must be creative, dynamic, relentless, and unafraid to take risks.
The Director will report to the State Party Executive Director, and work with the entire Party team. Salary is $65,000 to $85,000/year, depending on experience, with health care, vision and dental coverage. The position is part of a union collective bargaining agreement and is based in our Seattle, Washington office.
The Digital Director will direct the digital and social media operations for internal and external communications, including but not limited to original video content, website contact, graphics, and digital and social media content.
- Working with staff, consultants and vendors on an aggressive and authentic digital strategy.
- Directing strategy and day‐to‐day workflow of the party’s digital programs, including email, advertising, social media, website, messaging, and more.
- Developing high‐quality, innovative videos, graphic and written content for social media, email, and our website, coordinating with communications and digital teams to ensure maximum quality and visibility.
- Develop and manage strategies as part of a communications team, geared towards the communications lifecycle and journey as it relates to long‐term internal and external communications, as well as the news of the day.
- Aggressively seize opportunities that appear on the local, state, and national stage, to promote the values and candidates of the democratic party.
- Working with the organization’s Communication staff to guarantee seamless internal and external communications.
- Working with the organization’s Development Director on fundraising strategy decisions, public‐facing messaging tactics, and politically sensitive issues as appropriate.
- Working with the organization’s Compliance Director to ensure all communications meet state and federal compliance requirements.
- Directing teams of staff, interns and volunteers in the planning and execution of communications events.
- Drafting fundraising and event communications, including acquiring approval from Chair, Executive Director, and consulting outside affected parties, such as elected officials, candidates, initiative campaigns, etc.
- Drafting communications materials for leadership to be used with members, allies, donors, and campaign partners.
- Acting as point of contact with allied campaigns for digital strategy, plans and events.
- Acting as lead with staff for media needs at internal events.
- Tracking internal and external digital communications, including reports weekly, monthly, or as requested.
- A passion for social justice and a commitment to Democratic Party values.
- 3‐5+ years experience in digital media, including experience managing digital strategy and support staff.
- Proven track record of creative and compelling digital communications work.
- An unabating drive to unearth new strategies to elect democrats. A friendly and professional member‐first demeanor.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Experience with core graphic design principles and fluency with graphic design software, including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and smartphone editing apps, as well video editing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quantitative and qualitative analytics for email, social media, and website performance.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with preferred experience in NGP‐VAN and Patton Technologies; online event registration software.
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast‐paced office environment.
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Spanish proficiency preferred, but not required.
The Washington State Democratic Central Committee provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Recruitment for this position will remain open until March 15, 2019. To apply please send your resume to jobsearch@wa‐democrats.org, along with a brief description of why you are uniquely qualified, including examples of creative strategies you would bring to the position. Consideration will be given to all qualified applicants who submit their resume by the time recruitment closes.