The Vermont Democratic Party (VDP) is hiring an experienced Caucus Director to manage the Party’s House Campaign Project over the two-year 2020 campaign cycle. The House Campaign Director will be responsible for creating and implementing a campaign plan that includes fundraising, incumbent support and candidate recruitment. Democrats currently hold 95 of the 150 seats in the Vermont House. This position reports to the Vermont Democratic Party Executive Director; however, the Director will also work closely with the Party’s House Leadership and the House Advisory Committee. The position is based in Montpelier, VT.
Ideal Candidate will be a highly organized, detail-oriented and responsible self-starter who has proven leadership, management, and interpersonal skills.
DUTIES INCLUDE (but not limited to):
- Developing and executing a statewide candidate recruitment strategy
- Serving as the primary House Candidate contact
- Maintaining and expanding corporate and individual donor lists, managing mailing and call-time, producing fundraising materials, event planning
- Developing 2-year finance plan. Maintaining financial records and creating internal finance and budget reports
- Opposition research
- Writing campaign plans, advising candidates on message, mail, targeting, fundraising and other issues that may arise
- Organizing and conducting trainings for candidates, volunteers, and staff.
- Networking, building and maintaining relationships with constituency groups, allied organizations
- Establishing relationships in communities and with local committees in order to identify possible Democratic candidates
- Develop and implement direct mail plan
- Produce newsletters, form letters and other written materials
- Identifying and organizing opportunities for members to provide constituent services
- Work with incumbent Representatives to create constituents outreach plans
- 2-5 years of campaign experience.
- Familiarity with Vermont legislative and political processes
- Ability to execute strategic goals and work effectively with state and local leaders.
- Ability to track and report regional activity in an accountable structure.
- Experience with NGP VAN and Votebuilder
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fundraising experience with a political organization or non-profit
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to allow for frequent event evenings and weekends in the office and work related functions
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
HOW TO APPLY:
This is a full-time position. This position will start immediately. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please send resume, cover letter, and three professional reference electronically to Executive Director, Josh Massey, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Vermont Democratic Party provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Vermont Democratic Party complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.