South Dakota Democratic Party Field Organizers will be responsible for active voter education and field efforts around the areas and towns listed below. The information gathered and the organizational networks created by Field Organizers will be instrumental for candidate success and Get Out The Vote efforts in 2018 and beyond.
Field Organizers will be employed for 25 hours/week at $1,200 a month (paid bi-weekly), up until November 7th, 2018 at the following locations:
1 Field Organizer for Sioux Falls – Full Time
1 Field Organizer for Rapid City
1 Field Organizer for Vermillion
1 Field Organizer for Cheyenne River
1 Field Organizer for Watertown
1 Field Organizer for Sisseton — 15 hours/week
- Develop a professional working relationship with Democratic community members and leaders
- Work with the South Dakota Democratic Party Field Director on a daily basis
- Coordinate and recruit for block walks, phone banking events, voter registration drives, etc.
- Work a minimum of 15hrs/wk between the hours of 4:00–9:00 p.m. Sunday to Thursday
- Organizers will be regularly scheduled on weekends.
- Represent the South Dakota Democratic Party in a professional manner
- Support Statewide and Legislative Democratic candidates
- Travel when needed for meetings, events, etc. Mileage reimbursement will be provided.
Positions open until filled. Please submit an email with the subject line “Field Organizer” with your resume and cover letter to the SDDP at email@example.com. Screening interviews will follow your submission.
The South Dakota Democratic Party is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law.