The South Carolina Democratic Party is hiring a Voter File Manager to handle the day-to-day data needs of the State Party, county party organizations, state and federal campaigns, and activists. The position will work across departments and with the DNC to use data to build successful campaigns. We encourage applicants with campaign experience and experience in multicultural environments to apply. This position is a great launching pad for a future career in data or higher-level political work.
Your day to day will consist of:
- handling the timely and strategic acquisition of the statewide voter file and other key datasets, i.e. early voting centers and polling places
- implementing systems for access to and data sharing within Votebuilder for all sorts of user types, like county parties and candidates
- working with the rest of the leadership team to develop regular reporting and ad-hoc analysis, including but not limited to voter registration trends, candidate recruitment, voter contact results, predictive model validation
- collaborating with other departments to develop training curriculum
We encourage you to apply if you’ve got a combination of the following:
- knowledge of VAN/Votebuilder - bonus points if you’ve ever been an administrator
- SQL, python, or any other language efficient for analyzing large datasets
- Tableau, d3, Shiny, or other data visualization languages or platforms - we encourage you to share data viz work, if any
- at least 2 cycles of campaign experience - bonus points for electoral campaign experience
- familiarity with predictive models and probabilities, and their application to voter targeting/segmentation
This is not your typical role, folks should also be comfortable with:
- managing multiple priorities while maintaining a real passion for accuracy
- taking initiative in order to think ahead and provide solutions
To apply: send resume and cover letter to South Carolina Democratic Party Chief of Staff Philip Chambers at email@example.com. Salary commensurate with experience.