The South Carolina Democratic Party is hiring Field Organizers to join a diverse and robust organizing team throughout South Carolina for the 2018 election cycle. We are looking for passionate, hardworking people who are committed to using their talents to support our data-informed grassroots field program to win elections up and down the ballot for Democrats in November 2018.
Field Organizers are the face and presence of the campaign in their community. Field Organizers will have ownership of and responsibility for their own turf. In addition, Field Organizers will be responsible for reporting daily and carefully managing their data. Field Organizers will report weekly on their progress to both quantitative contact goals and qualitative professional development goals.
Until the voter registration deadline in October, a significant number of the Party’s Field Organizers will be used to support our voter registration efforts across the state under the director of the Voter Registration Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruiting, training and managing interns, team leaders, and volunteers and expanding the volunteer network
- Planning and managing voter contact events; phone banks, text banks and canvasses
- Knocking on doors and make phone calls
- Working with local leaders, county parties, and progressive partners to coordinate community events and volunteer activity
- Amplifying the message and creating online communities using digital platforms and tools; including through public speaking on behalf of the Party
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Experience working for or volunteering on political campaign
- Great time management and organization skills. Ability to manage and juggle competing priorities
- Excellent listening skills and ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Background in managing teams, holding individuals accountable to goals and coordinating between multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast paced, metrics-driven work environment
- Enthusiasm for Democratic politics and a positive, solutions-oriented attitude
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
How to Apply:
This is a full-time position and is available immediately. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please send resume and cover letter electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.