The South Carolina Democratic Party is hiring a State Field Director. This position will report directly to Party leadership, and will oversee all aspects of the 2018 field operations. A strong candidate will have the skills and knowledge to develop and execute a comprehensive field program aimed at getting out the votes necessary for the Democratic ticket to be successful on Election Day.
South Carolina’s electoral outlook includes the Governor and other Constitutional offices atop the ticket, along with a full complement of U.S. House races and many opportunities to flip State House seats from red to blue. The Field Director’s work will directly impact our ability to affect redistricting in 2020.
The preferred candidate will have the soft skills to complement her/his technical know-how, including a collaborative approach to problem solving, a strategic mind, and the ability to lead and inspire a diverse group of stakeholders, organizers and volunteers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the field program, including but not limited to hiring and management of staff, budget, and other administrative duties as required
- Implement overall field plan
- Training and supervising field staff throughout the campaign cycle, while implementing clear benchmarks and accountability measures
- Designing and implementing field, voter contact, and training programs
- Facilitating tiered canvass programs
- Analyze incoming data and track progress of field programs
- Coordinating with field directors of statewide campaigns and caucus programs
- Building and leveraging key relationships on the ground across the state
- Leading internal communications with field staff
- Assisting with site location for regional field offices
Required Skills and Experience:
- Two-plus years of campaign experience; one in a leadership position
- Staff management and training skills required
- Must be a strong leader able to inspire and motivate candidates and staff
- Must be a strategic thinker who possess strong analytical skills
- Must possess creative approaches to problem solving and being willing to collaborate
- Must be a motivated self-starter
- Must be willing to work long hours
- Must possess proficiency with Office Suite and NGP-VAN, particularly with spreadsheets
- Comfort with public speaking
- Reliable transportation required for frequent travel up and down state
To apply: send resume and cover letter to South Carolina Democratic Party Chief of Staff Philip Chambers at email@example.com. Salary commensurate with experience.