The Development Director is responsible for all fundraising activities for the South Carolina Democratic Party. The individual will work in collaboration with the Chief of Staff and the State Party Chair to build a fundraising plan that engages in-state and national donor groups.
As a director-level staffer, she or he will hire and manage assistant-level staffers in alignment with SCDP policies, identify cross-departmental impacts, deliver key performance indicator reporting, and engage with Party partners, officers, and consultants during the implementation of the finance plan.
The skills and experience for a winning candidate include the ability to navigate national and state fundraising opportunities. A successful Development Director can engage in high-level strategy conversations, develop compelling fundraising narratives, and frame the Party’s opportunities in a way that attracts broad stakeholder investment. Along with these responsibilities, the Development Director must also professionally deliver training to county party officers and campaign staff.
SC is an early Presidential Primary state and the finance team will be presented with exciting opportunities through the election cycle, including state and federal races. Come be a part of an exciting cycle in the hotbed of an emerging swing state!
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Winning Candidate’s Qualifications
- 2 cycles of campaign experience in a development position
- Proficiency managing a finance database – preferably NGP
- Experience creating a finance plan and monitoring metrics
- Skilled at developing fundraising narratives and talking points
- Excels at recruiting and training finance staff to support operational requirements – call time, events, etc.
- Experience collaborating with consultants or other external vendors
- Managing relationships with diverse sets of stakeholders
- Experience growing donor programs using digital tools
- Step 1: Resume and Cover Letter Submission. Staff will email you, even if you submission does not make it to Step 2.
- Step 2: Initial Phone Call. Staff will email you to schedule initial phone to introduce you to SCDP, have a dialogue about our team culture, and review your past experience.
- Step 3: Simulation Exercises. Staff will email you even if you submission does not make it to this step. If you reach Step 3, SCDP will email you simulation scenarios that you’ll have 3 days to deliver written responses. Staff is hoping to get a sense of soft skills and your ability to analyze situations from a qualitative and quantitative perspective.
- Step 4: Final Interview. After reviewing submissions, staff will communicate if the submission moves you to this step. Final interview step is to have a conversation about the simulation responses.
- Step 5: Offer Letter. Congratulations! The winning candidate will receive an offer letter from the Party and we’ll have conversation about specifics of the on-boarding process.