The Finance Director is responsible for creating and implementing an annual fundraising plan and directing the staff and Party in all fundraising activities. They should be skilled in managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and while maintaining a sharp focus on details. They must be creative, dynamic, relentless, and unafraid to take risks.
The Director will report to the Executive Director and collaborate with the entire Party team. Salary is commensurate with experience with fully paid health care.
The Finance Director is responsible for directing all the vital revenue streams, which allow us to elect democrats at all levels, throughout the state.
DUTIES INCLUDE (but not limited to):
- Working with staff, consultants, and vendors on an aggressive fundraising strategy, including implementing an annual fundraising calendar, that comprises digital, direct mail, events, major donor, and other targeted fundraising campaigns.
- Develop and manage strategies geared towards the donor lifecycle and journey as it relates to acquisition, on-boarding, cultivation/engagement and retention from donors acquired via all channels, especially digital.
- Work with the Party Chair, Executive Director, and compliance consultant to track income and adjust goals, as needed.
- Reporting income and expenses for all fundraising channels weekly, monthly, and oftentimes daily.
- Work with the organization’s fundraising committee on fundraising strategy decisions, public-facing messaging tactics, and other politically sensitive issues as appropriate.
- Directing teams of staff, interns, and volunteers in the planning and execution of events and other fundraising tactics.
- Direct the operations for yearly fundraisers, and donor appreciation events, as well as implement the yearly fundraising plan.
- Drafting fundraising and event communications, including acquiring approval from Chair, Executive Director, and elected officials, candidates, initiative campaigns, etc. This includes but is not limited to multiple weekly fundraising emails, donor reports, electoral reports, social media communications, and direct mail.
- Acting as point of contact for guest speakers, providing briefing documents and talking points, and attending to other special requests.
- Acting as point of contact for prospective and committed event sponsors. This includes following up on unanswered solicitations, confirming guests, and securing payment.
- Acting as point of contact for venue management and other vendors, such as catering and audio-visual providers. This includes determining appropriate room setup orders and timed, detailed event schedules.
- A passion for social justice and a commitment to Democratic Party values.
- Fundraising experience, including time directing volunteers/staff.
- Proven track record of raising funds from diverse sources.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- A tenacious drive to unearth new strategies to elect Democrats.
- A friendly and professional member-first demeanor.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Microsoft Word and Excel, with experience in NGP-VAN; online event registration software; and comfort with basic graphic design software, such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Demonstrated success in digital acquisition and fundraising campaigns.
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to accountability, measuring outcomes, and a results-oriented culture.
The North Dakota Democratic Party provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Recruitment for this position will remain open until filled. To apply please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements, and professional references to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled but preference will be given to applicants who apply before January 22nd.