The North Carolina Democratic Party (NCDP) is hiring top-quality Field Organizers for its groundbreaking legislative program to take back the Majority in the State House and State Senate. NCDP’s grassroots infrastructure works to energize and empower local communities in order to deliver victories for Democrats in November.
Field Organizers will be responsible for various tasks focused on community engagement and capacity building. Organizers should be high energy, flexible, passionate, and willing to take on demanding work. Candidates with experience building coalitions among diverse groups of people and experience working with volunteers preferred. Field Organizers report directly to a Regional Field Director.
Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruiting, training and managing interns, team leaders, and volunteers and expanding the volunteer network
- Planning and managing voter contact events; phone banks, text banks and canvasses
- Knocking on doors and make phone calls
- Working with local leaders, county parties, and progressive partners to coordinate community events and volunteer activity
- Amplifying the message and creating online communities using digital platforms and tools
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Experience working for or volunteering on political campaign
- Great time management and organization skills. Ability to manage and juggle competing priorities
- Excellent listening skills and ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Background in managing teams, holding individuals accountable to goals and coordinating between multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast paced, metrics- driven work environment
- Enthusiasm for Democratic politics and a positive, solutions-oriented attitude
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
You can apply to all positions at the link here: https://www.ncdp.org/work-with-us/
Diverse candidates and native North Carolinians are highly encouraged to apply.
The NCDP is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.