The North Carolina Democratic Party is looking for a Data Director based Raleigh, NC to foster a data driven approach to electing Democrats. North Carolina will be a critical battleground state in 2020 and the NCDP will play an active role in electoral process up and down the ballot. This position, as are all of our senior positions, is highly collaborative and crucial to the North Carolina Democratic Party achieving its mission. This is a full time, permanent position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with the Deputy Data Director to administer Votebuilder (VAN) and onboard new users by vetting and training them, and permissioning access. This will include maintaining and enforcing data best practices and data sharing within Votebuilder across committees;
- Creating advanced targeted universes for campaigns to use when contacting voters and working with stakeholders to identify geographic and campaign-specific targets and identifying gaps in collective strategy.
- Working with leadership to develop regular reporting and insights based on data surrounding voter registration trends, voter contact results, fundraising, and predictive modeling;
- Using SQL to retrieve and manipulate data in data warehouse(s);
- Manage relationships with voter file, data, analytics and technology vendors, and serve as a liaison to other organizations that NCDP works closely with on data-related issues
- Provide guidance, training and support to staff as it relates to the use of data for measuring organizational performance and strategic planning; and oversee external research partnerships and other data collection activities.
You’ll be a great fit if some of these sound like you
- You excel in a collaborative, team focused environment
- You have experience with Votebuilder VAN/Votebuilder (bonus if you’ve been an administrator)
- You have advanced SQL experience in the context of analyzing and manipulating large data sets
- You are familiar with and can utilize Python, Amazon Web Services, and API’s
- You love explaining data with Tableau, d3, Shiny, and other visualization platforms
- You have experience working with GIS tools like QGIS or ArcGIS and political shapefiles
- You have experience with statistical analysis, experimentation, and predictive modeling
- You have a full cycle of campaign experience (bonus for electoral experience)
- You’re detail-oriented and a self-starter willing to work long irregular hours and to travel as needed
- You excel at planning and managing time sensitive projects with competing needs
The North Carolina Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identify or gender expression.