STATEWIDE ORGANIZING DIRECTOR FOR THE NY STATE COORDINATED CAMPAIGN
The New York State Democratic Party is a seeking an outstanding Organizing Director to develop and manage a robust field program for the upcoming 2018 election cycle. The Organizing Director will be responsible for executing the statewide field plan, and managing a team of organizers. The effort will focus on the state’s many battleground seats from Congress to state senate to statewide elections that include one U.S. Senate seat, the Governor, Attorney General, and the State Comptroller, as well as races up and down the ticket.
The Organizing Director will report directly to Geoff Berman, the Executive Director of the New York State Democratic Party. The position is located in New York City, and will require some travel around the state. The pay is very competitive.
New York State is the most progressive state in the country and the New York State Democratic Party is excited to rally New Yorkers to re-elect the Governor and Senator Gillibrand, gain seats in the U.S. Congress and NY State Senate, and win races up and down the ticket.
Interested candidates should email a short cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “[Name]- Organizing Director.”
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute statewide field program
- Creatively develop an organizing plan, platform, and systems to build community and teams throughout the state of New York
- Assign goals and priorities to the Field team and support their implementation
- Conduct extensive coaching and development with staff on best practices for organizing, recruitment and training
- Ensure a metrics-driven program that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met and exceeded
- Monitor metrics within each assigned region including knocks per shifts, flake rate, completion rate, confirmation rate; implementing rigorous systems to meet assigned goals associated with this metrics
- Execute with staff recruitment, on boarding, and training
- Represent the campaign at community events and meetings when advised by the campaign
- At least two cycles of competitive field experience, including managing a team or organizers
- Statewide DFD experience or greater preferred; experience in a coordinated campaign a plus
- Strong knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Basic computer literacy, database skills, and access to a reliable portable computer.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, metrics driven work environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- A collaborative working mentality, as well as, strong leadership skills
- Strong coaching skills and abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully relate to voters and volunteers from a wide range of backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- A belief and passion for the mission of the NY State Democratic Party
The New York State Democratic Party (NY Dems) prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NY Dems, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NY Dems employee.
The NY Dems is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.
NY Dems’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NY Dems, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NY Dems employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with the NY Dems.
The NY Dems is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our state and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse NY Dems, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.