The New Hampshire Democratic Party is seeking highly motivated Fellows to help ensure Democratic victories across the state. With 9 special election wins and 245 municipal election victories since 2016, 2018 is going to be a critical year for New Hampshire Democrats. The New Hampshire Democratic Party’s grassroots infrastructure spans all corners of the state and is working to energize and empower local committees in order to deliver Democratic victories up and down the ticket in 2018, 2020 and beyond!
This position provides students a hands-on learning experience in one of the most exciting political states in the nation. Positions are awarded through a competitive application process. Those selected will work directly with party officials, staff and elected officials in several capacities including communications, field organizing, fundraising and operations. Applications are accepted and granted on a rolling basis. Supporter-housing can be provided for full-time Fellows only.
Your day-to-day will consist of:
- Working closely with an Organizer to master the skills of political organizing
- Recruiting, training and managing volunteers to execute our voter contact strategy
- Helping to plan and execute phone banks and canvasses
- Knocking on doors and making phone calls
- Meeting and exceeding weekly voter contact and volunteer recruitment goals
- Representing the campaigns in person and online
- Other duties as assigned
We encourage you to apply if you’ve got a combination of the following:
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Natural time management and organizational skills; able to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Willingness to work long hours, often including nights and weekends
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle
- Ties to New Hampshire are welcomed, but not required
How to Apply:
To apply please send a resume or list of credentials to email@example.com. Please list “Fellowship Application” in the subject line. No calls, please.
Background - Our Party
New Hampshire Democrats stand for policies that support strong, healthy communities and families, a strong economy with opportunities for growth and a fundamental system of fairness and justice. Democrats are committed to spurring job creation, building our infrastructure, and bringing fairness and opportunity to our economy and our civic life. We believe that healthy communities and strong families are essential to the well- being of our citizens and to our ability to foster business development and a vibrant economy. We are committed to upholding the right of every eligible voter to cast their ballot free from unnecessary restrictions. We pledge a government that works collaboratively across the aisle to address the issues that matter to the people of New Hampshire.
The New Hampshire Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.