SCOPE OF POSITION: The Regional Directors serve as the lead staff person in their region for executing a plan to elect Democrats up and down the ballot with the Coordinated Campaign. The job includes political, organizing, communication and electoral responsibilities. This is a full-time position that requires weekends.
EXPERIENCE: To apply for this job, you must have at least 3 years of professional nonprofit, business or political communications experience. Additionally, you must have worked on at least one campaign which can be a ballot initiative or a candidate campaign.
- Serve as the main point of contact of the Nebraska Democratic Party for county party leaders, Precinct Captains, Block Captains, grassroots activists and allied issues groups in your region.
- Maintain the regional office by creating regular office hours that party leaders and grassroots activists know they can get questions answered and canvass packets.
- Be in constant contact with County Chairs, Precinct Captains and Block Captains to execute the Coordinated Campaign Plan.
- Facilitate good communication between party leaders and volunteers to keep everyone informed and moving in the same direction.
- Ensure all data is getting entered in the voter file by organizers, Precinct and Block Captains.
- Conduct all trainings for staff and volunteers to ensure goals are met for the plan. Conduct extensive coaching and development with staff when needed.
- Ensure all required reporting is accurate and that all regional data is entered on time.
- Representing the campaign at community events and meetings when advised by the organization.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional or educational references to firstname.lastname@example.org.