The Missouri Democratic Party (MDP) seeks an experienced, organized, and motivated Finance & Regional Director to build the Party’s financial infrastructure. The Finance & Regional Director will work closely with the Executive Director and Chair to create and manage the State Party’s financial and donor management operations. The position reports to the Executive Director and works very closely with other Department Directors, elected officials, and donors. This is a full-time position based in Kansas City, Southern, Middle, or the Greater St. Louis region in Missouri, with a preference for location in Kansas City.
FINANCE DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Party leadership and staff to write and implement ongoing finance plans to raise the Coordinated Campaign and State Party budgets and develop new and existing revenue streams; secure buy in from elected leaders, partners, and allies;
- Supervise and coach MDP fellows to meet goals;
- Managing, planning and executing events of various sizes such as the annual Truman Dinner and Bi-Annual State Convention, along with all other events relating to fundraising, finance trainings, and all-staff events;
- Managing and ensuring accuracy of CRM Database (NGP) and conducting research on potential new contributors;
- Coordinate and maintain candidate, officer, partner, and staff call-time schedule and provide or lead staffing for call time;
- Manage finance committee members;
- Create fundraising materials;
- Working with Executive Director to ensure cash flow and budget projections are met;
- Being a resource for elected officials, candidates, and County Committees on fundraising strategy and reporting;
- Managing donor acknowledgement, including timely thank you letters and recognition at events, as well as MDP membership program;
- Assist the State Party, in conjunction with additional help, in remaining compliant with all state and federal finance laws.
REGIONAL DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The Missouri Democratic Party has designed the staff structure to regionalize the party across the state, to help with building grassroots progressive power from the bottom up, and to help un-silo different departments so that staff can be robustly cross trained and empowered. With that, each of the Senior Staff members will be responsible for state subregion.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the Missouri Democratic Party for county party leaders, grassroots activists and allied issues groups in your assigned region. Acting as the “go to” person for county party leaders and grassroots activists to get questions answered and problems solved;
- Organize county-based and grassroots projects meant to train and assist local parties;
- Supervise part-time MDP Fellows who will help coordinate trainings, conference calls, and other ideas around ensuring the Democratic party supports Missourians wanting to serve in office or as a party leader;
- Find resources for training and pass them onto counties in their efforts to win elections;
- Identify and maximize on opportunities to partner with allied groups on issues in the Democratic Platform such as climate change, family farms, college affordability, etc;
- Help maintain a strong volunteer, finance, and other databases;
- Responsible for ensuring county and local party committee lists are up to date, in databases, and party members’ dues are paid;
- Work with additional senior + regional staff – Party Affairs, Comms, Field, and Data – to cross train and utilize one another as a resource, with other staff leaning on this position for Communications and this position utilizing other staff for their specialty area;
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years of professional work in a finance related field, ideally having been a call time manager or Deputy Finance Director;
- Knowledge of NGP is required;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including attention to detail;
- Event management experience;
- Comfort to work remotely in a coworking or home office environment;
- Comfort or willingness to learn video and screen sharing tools for remote working;
- The ability to work under tight deadlines and adapt quickly to changing work priorities;
- Ties to Missouri are very beneficial;
- Willingness and ability to work salaried irregular hours, nights, and weekends.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Salary ranges from $45,000 to $50,000 based on experience, including fully paid for medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as travel, cell phone, and accrued paid vacation. Please send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to Lauren Gepford, Executive Director, in an email with the subject line “Finance & Regional Director.” Please email email@example.com. No cold calls please.
The Missouri Democratic Party is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The MDP is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.