Title: Field Organizer
Term of Employment: September 2018 - November 6
Hours: 60 hours/week
Description: The Minnesota DFL is seeking enthusiastic, hard-working, and highly motivated individuals to help elect Keith as Attorney General and other DFLers up and down the ticket.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the organizing and direct voter contact programs, including voter identification, voter registration, and apartment organizing
- Train and directly manage campaign organizing staff members (organizing fellows and interns), including 1:1 meetings, reporting, coaching, and training
- Build community relationships to develop lasting and permanent relationships with historically underrepresented groups
- Oversee volunteer trainings for phone banks and door-to-door canvasses
- Manage visibility events, canvasses and phone banks, and other voter contact events
- Maintain field data to track program progress and provide weekly reports
- Any other campaign-related tasks, as needed
- Goal-oriented problem solver
- Cultural competency within communities you’re organizing in
- Self-driven work ethic
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Growth mindset (welcomes feedback and coaching)
- Proficiency with voter targeting, training, voter identification, get out the vote drives and community-based organizing
- Knowledge of, or relevant experience with, VoteBuilder, or equivalent voter database
Target Start Date: ASAP
To Apply: Interested applicants should send their resume to Keaon Dousti at KDousti@Dfl.org. Hiring will be made on a rolling basis and applicants should apply ASAP.
The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender-identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. we strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities apply.