The Michigan Democratic Party (MDP) is seeking experienced Regional Field Directors to lead a diverse and robust organizing team in Michigan in 2018. We are looking for passionate, hardworking individuals who are committed to building the grassroots turnout operation needed to win elections up and down the ballot for Democrats in November 2018.
Regional Field Directors will be responsible for coaching and managing a team of organizers and volunteers to hit data-driven organizing metrics. Regional Field Directors should be skilled managers, positive, solutions-oriented, willing to work long hours and capable of motivating a diverse team of organizers and volunteers. Candidates with experience developing accountability systems and using creativity to overcome organizing challenges are preferred. Regional Field Directors report directly to the State Field Director.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
- Develop regional strategies and systems that lead your team to successfully meet daily and weekly organizing metrics, as well as maintain data integrity
- Build and maintain political relationships with local leaders in your region
- Work with state leadership to implement new communications, messaging, and digital strategies in your region
- Keep your team focused and motivated in a high-stress, rigorous work schedule and environment
- Consistently meet stated deadlines and communicate with state leadership when challenges arise that will prevent you and/or your team from meeting your goals
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively and clearly communicate with different types of stakeholders, from high level elected officials to grassroots activists
- Experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate priorities, needs and expectations to organizers and managers
- Must have access to a cell phone and American-made vehicle
- Capacity and desire to work long hours in a campaign setting
Preferred Background & Experience
- Two cycles of organizing experience and one cycle of staff management experience
- Proficiency with Votebuilder/VAN
How to Apply
This is a full-time position. This position is available immediately. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please send resume, cover letter, and up to 3 professional references electronically to email@example.com.