The One Campaign for Michigan is seeking Field Organizers to join a diverse and robust organizing team in Michigan in 2018. We are looking for passionate, hardworking people who are committed to using their talents to support our data-informed grassroots field program to win elections up and down the ballot for Democrats in November 2018.
Field Organizers are the face and presence of the campaign in their community. Field Organizers will recruit, train, and empower local volunteers to implement the statewide field plan and meet their own voter registration and voter contact goals. Field Organizers will have ownership of and responsibility for their own turf. In addition, Field Organizers will be responsible for reporting daily and carefully managing their data. Field Organizers will report weekly on their progress to both quantitative contact goals and qualitative professional development goals.
The One Campaign for Michigan is committed to engaging both new and experienced organizers in this campaign, and providing high-quality training, coaching, and professional development to every person who engages with our campaign.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, and retain volunteers to engage voters in meaningful conversations about the Democratic vision for Michigan, and our candidates for federal, state, and local offices
- Identify and develop neighborhood volunteer leadership teams
- Establish and manage a campaign field office and staging locations that are professional and welcoming to all
- Ensure accurate and timely collection of data
- Provide qualitative and quantified reports on all volunteer and voter contact efforts, and engage with data to identify trends and improve campaign performance
- Work cooperatively with local party activists, leaders, and campaigns to achieve shared goals and grow local Democratic infrastructure
- Strong belief in and commitment to the vision, values and goals of the Democratic Party
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively and clearly communicate with different types of stakeholders, from high level elected officials to grassroots activists
- Ability to establish and implement a work plan, and meet goals and deadlines while managing many tasks simultaneously
- Must have access to a cell phone and an American-made vehicle
- Capacity and desire to irregular hours in a campaign setting
- Willingness to actively participate in trainings, professional development, and performance review to improve and learn new skills
Preferred Background & Experience
- Experience working on political, labor, community, student, or other organizing campaigns is desirable
- Experience with Votebuilder/VAN, Microsoft Office suite, and Google Apps
How to Apply:
This is a full-time position, and is available immediately. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please send resume, cover letter, and up to 3 professional references electronically to email@example.com.