The Maine Democratic Party (MDP) is seeking a Digital Director to manage MDP’s digital operation including social media, email fundraising, digital advertising, website content, and digital organizing. We are looking for a passionate, hardworking individual who is committed to electing Maine Democrats and who will make a commitment to MDP through the 2020 election cycle.
A successful candidate will be prepared to build the digital program, design strategy, collaborate with our digital firm, and oversee all implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Design and implement strategy to achieve digital and organizational goals
- Drive email fundraising program
- Manage social media platforms
- Make periodic website updates, create microsites
- Develop multi-platform creative including copy, graphics, and video
- Collaborate with field team to run texting program
- Create data and reporting structure across digital platforms
- Work with multiple consultants and vendors to execute goal-oriented program
- Build internal and external relationships to more effectively achieve digital and campaign goals
Required Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- 2+ years of experience working on a digital, political, marketing, or communications team. Campaign experience a plus, but not required.
- Committed to cross-team collaboration
- Able to advocate for digital with peers and leadership
- Initiative-driven – ready to develop a concept, pitch it, and execute it
- Thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving political climate, managing multiple, competing priorities
- Obsessed with the internet
- Experience developing multi-platform creative including copy, graphics, and video
- Experience managing impactful rapid response campaigns
- Comfortable analyzing and communicating digital metrics
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
The Digital Director will report to the Executive Director. Salary is dependent on experience and is in the $55,000-$65,000 range. Generous benefits including health and dental offered.
How to Apply:
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references at the link here. Applications improperly submitted will not be accepted.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.