Regional Mobilization Director – Baton Rouge
The Louisiana Democratic Party (LDP) is hiring experienced, top-quality Regional & Core Constituency Mobilization Directors for its 2018 and 2019 operations.
Ideal candidates will be highly organized, detail-oriented and responsible self-starter who has proven leadership and management skills. They will have strong political skills, deep political networks and vast experience recruiting, managing and training volunteers of all experience levels.
While each regional mobilization director will have a geographic territory, we are also looking for candidates with experience organizing in our core constituency groups with key early needs of Faith, Rural, Youth, LGBTQ and Women.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Executing the statewide strategy within your region & constituency
- Motivating and managing of a team of volunteers & organizers on a daily basis
- Training organizers & volunteers on the principles of organizing & mobilization
- Meeting voter contact and persuasion goals within your region
- Overseeing timely and accurate reporting by all your team
- Working with senior campaign staff
- Working to develop deep political relationships with like minded organizations, community groups, and our base constituencies
- Assisting with candidate and surrogate events within your region & constituency
- Working directly with the digital department to expand the reach of our work
- A deep commitment to core Democratic tenants and principles
- Message discipline and a deep commitment to the integrity of both internal and outward-facing communications strategies
- 2-4 years campaign experience.
- A valid driver’s license required and reliable transportation and insurance.
- Experience training and coaching staff and volunteers on a daily basis.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Great organizational and communications skills with a strong commitment to follow-up.
- Strategic thinking and planning abilities.
- Social Media and digital organizing experience a huge plus!
- Ability to execute strategic goals and work effectively with state and local leaders.
- Ability to track and report regional activity in an accountable structure.
- Experience with Voter Activation Network or Vote builder (preferred but not required).
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, and three references to Deputy Executive Director of the Louisiana Democratic Party – Michelle Brister at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The Louisiana Democratic Party (LDP) is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The LDP is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The LDP will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.