The Kentucky Democratic Party (KDP) is currently accepting applications for the position of Research Director.
- Working to devise and execute a comprehensive research program for the 2018 election cycle.
- Conducting online database, media, courthouse, campaign finance, public record, corporate and business filings, and tracking research.
- Drafting thematic memos, talking points and rapid response documents.
- Directing research staff and managing relationships with research consultants to ensure the Party’s long-term and short-term research needs are met.
- Working closely with KDP Party leadership, the Communications Director and consulting team to formulate factual, persuasive messages.
- One to two years experience in labor, political or community organizing and political campaigns preferred. Political research experience required.
- Outstanding written communication and analytical skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, be detail oriented and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Strong working knowledge of Lexis Nexis and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint). Database skills are recommended.
The Research Director will report to the Executive Director while working in concert with the Communications Director. Travel is required, and the Research Director must have a car.
Applicants should possess a keen knowledge of the political process and political campaigns and have strong verbal and written communication skills with an eye for detail. Legal experience a plus.
How to Apply
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please list “Research Director Application” in the subject line. Position will be open until filled. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Kentucky Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.