The Kentucky Democratic Party is seeking an experienced political professional to fill the role of Political Director. In this role, you will focus on building the Democratic base through outreach in various communities, lead the creation of caucuses and councils, and act as the liaison between elected officials, caucuses, and allied organizations. This position is based out of Frankfort, Kentucky, and will work closely with the Executive Director and Chair to build relationships, and engage, lift up, and give voice to under-represented constituencies across Kentucky.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Build strong relationships with elected officials, allied organizations, and State Central Executive Committee members.
- Develop an annual customized priority work plan for outreach to different constituency groups.
- Lead the creation of caucuses and councils, and institute an annual assessment process for the recognized caucuses and councils.
- Monitor statewide policy issues and work to amplify legislative efforts by elected officials.
- Work closely with Executive Director and staff of the house and senate caucuses to recruit candidates to run for office.
- Organize and conduct regular conference calls with allied organizations.
- Work with the Organizing Director to develop county committees in areas in which they need strengthening.
- Develop training programs for the Kentucky Democratic Party, including grassroots organizing and candidate training sessions.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director with substantial involvement from the Chair of the KDP.
**Qualified candidates should have: **
- A minimum of at least three (3) years of political experience;
- At least two full cycles of campaign experience; and
- Experience in managing staff.
How to Apply
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Mary Nishimuta at email@example.com.
Please list “Political Director Application” in the subject line. Position will be open until filled.
Salary range is $48,000 to $60,000.
The Kentucky Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.