The Kentucky Democratic Party is seeking an experienced and outgoing Finance Director to continue building the momentum as we move into 2018. The Finance Director will work closely with the Executive Director and Chair to create and manage the State Party’s financial and donor management operations. The ideal candidate will have experience in event planning; call time management, donor research, online fundraising and financial planning.
The Finance Director will develop and execute strategic fundraising plans and meeting performance milestones. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: planning and executing events and other fundraising activities, developing and monitoring call time, building and maintaining donor relationships, and making direct solicitations of state and local donors through multiple channels and media. Additionally, he or she will be an aggressive innovator of new ideas, approaches, and opportunities to raise funds.
This position is based in Frankfort, KY and is highly collaborative and crucial to the Kentucky Democratic Party achieving its mission of electing Democrats at all levels in 2018.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Working with Party leadership and staff to create and implement a short and longer-term fundraising/financial plan for the Party that defines financial needs and develops new and existing revenue streams.
- Managing and executing events, and all other activities related to fundraising and donor programs.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of donor database and conducting research on new and potential contributors.
- Raise funds through personal call time and staffing Officers and Executive Director during call time.
- Be a resource for Democratic County Parties, elected officials and candidates on fundraising strategy and reporting.
- Manage donor acknowledgement, including timely thank you letters and tracking outgoing letters in the KDP finance database.
- Work with the Executive Director to ensure cash flow and budget projections are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two to three years of related work experience on a political campaign, for a state party or national committee, or for a non-profit organization.
- Excellent personal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Great verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including attention to detail.
- Large and small project management experience.
- Understanding of both state and federal election law is very beneficial.
- Knowledge of NGP, VAN and graphic design software is beneficial.
- Willingness to travel throughout Kentucky and nationally.
How to Apply
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, three writing samples (fundraising email, direct mail letter, and fundraising event invitation) and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Please list “Finance Director Application” in the subject line. Position will be open until filled. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Kentucky Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.