Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Kansas Democratic Party (KDP) is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to serve as Finance Director. Applicants should have experience with campaign and/or political party fundraising, be comfortable soliciting donors, able to manage various multifaceted tasks, able to work collaboratively, be well-organized, and have strong written and oral communication skills. The Finance Director is a critical member of the KDP’s senior team and an integral part of its mission of electing Democrats at all levels of government.
This is a full-time position located in Topeka, Kansas, and reports to the Executive Director.
Position Duties and Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Working with the Executive Director to develop a comprehensive annual fundraising plan and developing new and existing revenue streams.
- Managing and executing events, including but not limited to, KDP’s bi-annual conventions (Washington Days and Demofest) and small-dollar donor events across the state.
- Scheduling and staffing call time for Party leadership and Executive Director.
- Maintaining and growing our small-dollar monthly recurring donor program, the Blue Kansas Club.
- Ensuring compliance with all federal and state laws.
- Being a resource for elected officials, candidates, and County Central Committees on fundraising strategy and reporting.
- Working with Operations Director to ensure cash flow and budget projections are met.
- Conducting research on new and potential contributors.
- Maintaining and ensuring accuracy of donor database.
- Managing donor acknowledgement, including timely thank you letters and recognition at events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One cycle of finance experience in a Director or Deputy Director role on a political campaign, for a state party or national committee, or for a non-profit organization.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly become an expert in Kansas and Federal campaign/state party/county party finance law.
- Experience in event planning.
- Knowledge of NGP-VAN is preferred.
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends as needed.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list “Finance Director” in the subject line. Position will be open until filled and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a salaried position that offers some health and PTO benefits.
The Kansas Democratic Party (KDP) is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive workplace. The KDP is dedicated to achieving equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or disability.