The Indiana Democratic Party (IDP) is seeking applicants to fill the role of Executive Director in a dynamic and changing statewide political organization. The role of the Executive Director is critical, as the position would execute the Party’s strategic plans, strengthen our statewide political infrastructure and manage the overall direction and shared goals of the Party, under the leadership of the State Chair and State Central Committee.
- Continue developing and implementing strategic goals for the 2019-2020 cycles, including staff restructuring, if necessary.
- Fundraising accountability – position would ensure the Party meets monthly fundraising targets and absorb fundraising responsibilities as necessary.
- Collaborate with candidates and elected officials to generate short-term political wins and develop long-term, statewide political infrastructure.
- Serve as main contact and gatekeeper between the Party and the State Central Committee, county parties, constituency caucuses, current elected officials, the House and Senate caucuses, voters, and volunteers.
- Organize and build the Democratic base and lead partner and community outreach.
- Manage candidate recruitment strategy and oversee on-the-ground recruitment progress.
- Supervise staff with a focus on staff development, including meetings and quarterly staff retreats.
- Develop plan to strengthen and support county parties across the state.
- Represent the IDP at national events, DNC/ASDC meetings, and oversee the 2020 National Convention planning process, as well as large events the organized has annually such as the Hoosier Hospitality Dinner and the annual IDEA Convention.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to John Zody, State Chair (email@example.com) no later than Friday, March 29 at 5 p.m. EDT.