Democratic Party of GeorgiaJob Opening: Director of Finance and Operations
The Democratic Party of Georgia’s (DPG) Director of Finance and Operations primary responsibilities are to carry-out an annual, large-scale fundraiser, several smaller-scale fundraisers and to keep the financial and human resources operations at the DPG running smoothly on a day-to-day basis. Candidates must pay meticulous attention to detail, have a passion for growing our organization and demonstrate a real commitment to working on a team in an interactive and dynamic environment. Additionally, the Director of Finance and Operations will be responsible for and expected to contribute equally to several office-wide projects including state committee meetings, political events, election efforts and other DPG gatherings. The Director of Finance and Operations will work closely with the DPG’s CFO, the Executive Director and any other fundraising staff or consultants.
- Works with the DPG’s CFO to maintain accuracy of the donor database;
- Maintains and expands monthly donors;
- Builds and makes deposits and pays bills in a timely manner;
- Works with the Executive Director to ensure that cash flow and budgetary projections are met while creatively identifies new revenue streams;
- Serves as a resource to county parties, DPG officers, DPG staff, and candidates about fundraising strategy and reporting requirements;
- Oversees basic human resources functions such as staff onboarding, insurance policies and the filing of contracts and leases;
- Plans and executes the DPG’s annual State Dinner;
- Plans and executes other smaller dollar donor events throughout the calendar year;
- Works with the Finance Committee of the State Committee to craft fundraising objectives;
- Prepares and manages call time for DPG officers and/or other identified raisers; and
- Manages all donor follow-up activity while maintaining professional and cordial donor relationships.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years prior political fundraising experience – experience working on a statewide or congressional political campaign or a state political party preferred;
- Experience with online and direct mail fundraising, call-time management and conceptualizing and executing fundraising events;
- A record of and a commitment to innovative approaches in addition to the traditional fundraising tactics and strategies;
- An understanding of both state and federal election law is preferred, as is a demonstrated ability to understand the interplay of federal and non-federal money;
- Prior experience with targeting contributors and follow-up management;
- Experience creating finance/fundraising plans;
- Experience managing staff and/or volunteers;
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities simutaneously under strict deadlines;
- Detail oriented with exceptional record keeping and organizational skills;
- Responsive and positive team player who enjoys versatility and constant new challenges;
- Exceptional people skills and patience;
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills including the ability to publicly speak persuasively in a charged atmosphere;
- An unwavering commitment to accuracy and results;
- Effective computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, and NGP/VAN;
- Bachelors Degree and at least two years of related work experience; and
- A strong commitment to Democratic values.
- Must have a valid Georgia’s driver’s license, a reliable mode of transportation and the ability to travel extensively at times throughout the state for more than a day at a time;
- Must be able to travel outside of the state, often for several days at a time, to national trainings and events;
- Office hours are typically 9:00 – 5:00, Monday through Friday, however, evening and weekend hours will be needed regularly and the hours will increase during the Coordinated Campaign; and
- Must have the ability to regularly lift and carry 25lbs.
Salary & Benefits:
The Democratic Party of Georgia offers a competitive salary and benefit package with the opportunity for growth.
Application and Interview Procedure:
To apply, e-mail a cover letter, your resume, and a list of references to Rebecca DeHart at Rebecca@GeorgiaDemocrat.org by 5:00 pm on October 25, 2017. Please do not contact by phone.