The Florida Democratic Party is expanding our team in advance of 2020 and is seeking a Digital Director. The Digital Director will be a key member of the Florida Democratic Party’s Senior Staff, working to deliver a digital strategy and manage the Party’s overall digital program. This role will focus on digital engagement, social media strategy, email fundraising, digital voter contact, and overseeing general digital work such as content creation, ad placements.
This position is based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Description of Duties
- Define and lead implementation of digital strategy across several issue-based campaigns: Write, edit, and design content for the party’s website, social media accounts, work with FDP outside vendors on website issues
- In conjunction with digital vendors, writing, editing and producing content for the party’s email list. Segment lists, test approaches, and use best practices to raise money, mobilize volunteers, and help elect FDP-endorsed candidates
- Build digital campaigns and create social media content to elevate the party’s social media brand and messaging
- Work with and train our County Parties and candidates to make sure they’re using digital communications tools effectively to amplify their message properly and using industry best practices
- Manage digital consultants, including ad vendors, digital marketing firms, and design/development shops
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
- A bachelor degree in communications, journalism, or other related field desirable
- A registered Democrat
- Minimum 6 years of digital campaign experience, including work for political campaigns, issue advocacy groups, or in relevant roles
- Experience in graphic design, social media management, and strategic communications
- Digital marketing and CRM experience, including hands-on experience with SEO, SEM, social, mobile, display, web, email and database marketing efforts as well as technology platforms such as NGP VAN, Hustle and WordPress for content distribution, and email marketing/deliverability.
- Expert level experience in digital engagement and advocacy-based list-building and paid acquisition
- Strong campaign and technical acumen, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges to wide-ranging audiences
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with Google, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter advertising programs
- Experience with CRM and CMS solutions required
- Ability to speak a second language preferred
- Diligent Work Ethic: our team will work long hours, especially as we get closer to election day. We will prioritize working smart but we will also work hard.
- Good Listener: many of our colleagues don’t come from a technical background. They won’t always know what’s possible or even what to ask us for. Part of your job is to listen closely, use common sense, and discern their true needs so that we can solve real problems.
- Positive Attitude: Even on tough days, our team needs to remain optimistic and upbeat. This will make us more productive, and, to an extent, positive attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy.
- Share Democratic Values: Our mission is to elect all of our Florida Democratic candidates. You need to share a passion for this mission. If you are inclined to support Republicans, to split your ticket, or are disengaged from politics, then this isn’t the job for you.
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license, reliable mode of transportation and the ability to travel extensively at times throughout the state for more than a day at a time
- Must be able to travel outside of the state, often for several days at a time, to national trainings and events
- Office hours are 9:30 – 6:30, Monday through Friday, however, evening and weekend hours will be needed regularly
- Must have the ability to regularly lift and carry 25lbs
Salary & Benefits
The Florida Democratic Party offers a competitive salary and benefit package with the opportunity for growth, salary range is $50,000 to $67,500 commensurate with experience including excellent insurance paid fully by the employer. The position is currently slated through December 31, 2020 and may be renewed for permanency.
Please send a resume, three references, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the job you are applying for in the subject line by January 5, 2018.
The Florida Democratic Party is committed to hiring an inclusive, diverse staff. We are an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity, or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.