The Florida Democratic Party is expanding our team in advance of 2020 and is seeking a Deputy Finance Director for North and Central Florida to serve as a strategic asset to our Finance Department and various federal, state and local officials and campaigns in Florida. The Deputy will be responsible for raising funds and managing high-level donor relationships alongside the Party Chair and other members of the Finance Department.
This position can be based anywhere in North or Central Florida. They will operate with a high degree of independence but be accountable to clearly defined monthly goals.
Description of Duties
- Plan and execute multiple local fundraisers
- Identify and cultivate relationships with new board members
- Identify other high-level individual donors and upgrade opportunities from existing donors
- Schedule and hold one-on-one solicitation meetings with current and prospective donors
- Renew contributions of donors from previous year
- Facilitate local surrogate call time
- Assist with event operations and recruitment efforts for regional and national fundraisers
- Draft email and mail solicitations
- Maintain detailed records of interactions with donors in NGP
- Work closely with compliance staff to ensure contributions are tracked appropriately
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 1 cycle of political fundraising experience or 2+ years of fundraising in the non-profit or NGO sectors
- Demonstrated understanding of long-term donor stewardship
- Willingness to be held to monthly activity and financial goals
- Self-motivation, professionalism and a positive demeanor
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with frequently changing and competing deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Excel, G Suite, and NGP and familiarity with VoteBuilder
- Willingness to work outside of typical business hours, including nights and weekends with approximately 25% travel by car
- Committed to details, results, and consistent improvement
- Diligent Work Ethic: our team will work long hours, especially as we get closer to election day. We will prioritize working smart but we will also work hard.
- Good Listener: many of our colleagues don’t come from a technical background. They won’t always know what’s possible or even what to ask us for. Part of your job is to listen closely, use common sense, and discern their true needs so that we can solve real problems.
- Positive Attitude: Even on tough days, our team needs to remain optimistic and upbeat. This will make us more productive, and, to an extent, positive attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy.
- Share Democratic Values: Our mission is to elect all of our Florida Democratic candidates. You need to share a passion for this mission. If you are inclined to support Republicans, to split your ticket, or are disengaged from politics, then this isn’t the job for you.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable mode of transportation and the ability to travel extensively at times throughout the state for more than a day at a time
- Must be able to travel outside of the state, often for several days at a time, to national trainings and events
- Office hours are 9:30 – 6:30, Monday through Friday, however, evening and weekend hours will be needed regularly
- Must have the ability to regularly lift and carry 25lbs
Salary & Benefits
The Florida Democratic Party offers a competitive salary and benefit package with the opportunity for growth, salary range is $45,000 to $60,000 commensurate with experience including excellent insurance paid fully by the employer. The position is currently slated through December 31, 2020 and may be renewed for permanency.Please send a resume, three references, and writing samples to email@example.com with your name and the job you are applying for in the subject line.
The Florida Democratic Party is committed to hiring an inclusive, diverse staff. We are an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity, or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.