Fight Back Connecticut, the 2018 Democratic Coordinated Campaign, is seeking hard-working and passionate Deputy Organizing Directors to join our statewide organizing program. With nationally targeted races at all levels, the Democratic Coordinated Campaign will play a pivotal role in re-electing Senator Chris Murphy, our Members of Congress, and Democrats up and down the ballot. Deputy Organizing Directors will help implement the program that will make these victories possible.
Ideal candidates are hard-working, have a strong commitment to electing more Democrats, and believe in the power of grassroots organizing. Deputy Organizing Directors will report directly to the Organizing Director.
Deputy Organizing Directors (DODs) will be responsible for the following:
- Managing a team of Regional Organizing Directors, ensuring optimal program success throughout state
- Identify and communicate campaign goals down the chain of command to Regional Organizing Directors
- Assist Organizing Director in setting programmatic metric goals and overseeing regional implementation
- Oversee regional online and digital organizing programs for volunteer engagement and voter contact
- Develop and facilitate statewide and in-region trainings for Regional Organizing Directors and Organizers
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least one previous cycle of managing organizing staff members is strongly preferred
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Natural time management + organizational skills, and able to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Proficient knowledge of a political campaign general organizing structure and VoteBuilder/CT-VAN
- Willingness to work long hours, oftentimes including nights and weekends
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal access to a vehicle
- Ties to Connecticut are welcomed, but not required
- Send your resume and a cover letter to Resumes@CTDems.org with the subject “DOD Application.”
The Connecticut Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of employment on the basis of gender identity, race, physical ability, national origin, sexual orientation, and other factors. The Connecticut Democratic Party is committed to hiring a staff that reflects both our Party’s and our communities’ diverse inclusion, and encourages applicants of all identities to apply.