The California Democratic Party is seeking a Digital Director to manage and grow the online communications, engagement, and online presence of the Party, in addition to implementing and maintaining internal technical infrastructure.
The Digital Director will report to the Communications Director and will as part of a creative and innovative team to execute digital communications and outreach goals that raise the Party’s public profile, engage voters and general small dollar contributions for the CDP.
Specific responsibilities include:
- In conjunction with CDP’s digital vendors, writing, editing and producing content for the party’s email list. Segment lists, test approaches, and use best practices to raise money, mobilize volunteers, and help elect CDP-endorsed candidates.
- Write, edit, and design content for the party’s website, social media accounts, work with CDP outside vendors on website issues.
- Manage and implement security policies for the party’s social media, website, and internal solutions.
- In conjunction with CDP digital vendors and fundraising team, manage and design an online advertising program to grow awareness of CDP in core communities and expand CDP fundraising base.
- Create social media content to elevate the party’s social media brand and messaging.
- Work with and train our county parties and candidates to make sure they’re using digital communications tools effectively to amplify their message properly and using industry best practices.
- Maintain a working knowledge of best practices for using online communications tools in a political environment.
- Identify, investigate, and implement new technologies as they become available,
- Other duties as assigned by the Communications Director and/or Chair.
This position reports directly to the Communications Director with substantial involvement from the Chair and collaboration with the Creative Department. Qualified candidates should have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with email and digital organizing, communications, and online fundraising.
- Experience with Photoshop or similar software preferred.
- Experience in graphic design, social media management, and strategic communications.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with Google, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter advertising programs.
- Basic videography and photography skills preferred.
- Experience with CRM and CMS solutions required.
- Experience with PDI preferred
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to CDP Communications Director John Vigna
The position is open until filled. (Posted 8/29/18)
The CDP is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, mental or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, denial of family and medical care leave, or any other protected status.