Wyoming Executive Director
Title: Executive Director
Description: The Executive Director is in charge of all day-to-day operations of the Wyoming Democratic Party, the management of party staff, and serves as a senior adviser to the Chair, State Executive Committee, Democratic Legislative Caucus, and County Chairs. The Executive Director is responsible for implementing and managing organizational change and for overseeing the building of a vibrant statewide infrastructure. Candidates must possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail. A successful candidate must have the ability to work under tight deadlines and adapt quickly to changing work priorities. This position reports directly to the the Chair of the WDP.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
- · Serves as the chief strategic and tactical executive of the Wyoming Democratic Party.
- · Works with the Chair, Treasurer, Executive Committee and Staff to develop and adhere to an operating budget.
- · Develops and markets long-term strategic plan in consultation with other major Democratic stakeholders.
- · Approves and signs off on expenditures.
- · Develops and implements training programs, including grassroots organizing, precinct training, County Chair, Executive Committee and candidate training sessions.
- · Coordinates statewide candidate recruitment.
- · Advises the Chair on all legal, financial, contractual and political matters related to state party.
- · Develops and oversees the Fundraising Plan, makes direct fundraising asks of major donors, and develops new fundraising opportunities.
- · Oversees and maintains relationships with Democratic Party leaders, elected officials, key constituencies, and donors both in Wyoming and nationally.
- · Oversees the development and implementation of technology to win elections.
- · Reviews staff functions and restructures job responsibilities as necessary.
- · At least 3 years of political, campaign, or non-profit experience.
- · Experience managing staff and volunteers.
- · Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to develop, motivate, manage, and build teams that regularly achieve and maintain goals.
- · Demonstrated interest in implementing new technologies.
- · Flexibility with work schedule and duties.
- · Excellent personal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- · Organized and able to manage multiple deadlines and responsibilities.
To Apply: Email your resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “WDP Executive Director.” Preference will be given to submissions received by July 29, 2017.
The WDP is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any individual in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, veteran’s status or any basis prohibited by law.