Utah Executive Director
The Executive Director is an important strategic and management position with a wide range of responsibilities, including serving as a trusted advisor to the Chair, Executive Committee, and top elected officials of the Utah Democrats Party. Responsibilities include leading, developing and directing the political and campaign operations of the State Party, managing the day-to-day administration and operations of the Party, ensuring the financial success and stability of the organization, and coordinating internal and external communications among the party staff, its stakeholders, and the broader public.
1) Supervise and provide direction to Party staff and interns, conduct performance reviews.
2) Work with Party Chair to develop state party budgets and oversee their implementation.
3) Review staff functions and restructure responsibilities, as necessary.
4) Provide strategic planning and direction to the party, in conjunction with the Party Chair and core staff members.
5) Work with Political Director to oversee and implement candidate recruitment, training,
6) Oversee high level data and strategic management, including voterfile administration, voter targeting, and strategic campaign analysis.
7) Work with State Party Chair on all hiring and termination decisions.
8) Direct and oversee fundraising efforts, including working with Party Chair, Executive Committee, and Finance Director to develop and implement fundraising plan.
9) Ensure finance reports and other reports are filed timely and accurately.
10) Work with Communications Director and State Chair on Party messages, communications, earned media, and rapid response activities.
11) Develop and maintain relationships with Democratic Party Leaders, elected officials, donors, and key constituencies.
12) Manage administrative, budgetary, and human resources for the organization.
13) Coordinate and maintain relationships with national party committees and funders.
14) Work with pertinent staff to develop training programs, materials, and activities. 15) Organize all meetings of the State Executive Committee, Central Committee, and other Party meetings required by party bylaws, constitution, and state law. 16) Other duties as necessary.
1) 2 – 3 cycles of campaign and/or political experience
2) Strong staff management skills and experience
3) Strong sense of political strategy and ability to quickly adapt to a changing political environment
4) Goal-orientated and willingness to hold self and others accountable
5) Willingness to travel for site visits and desire to engage in front-line management
6) Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including attention to detail
7) Experience with voter persuasion, registration, early-vote and get-out-thevote drives
8) Experience with grassroots organizing and issue advocacy campaigns
9) Ability to work quickly and cooperatively under pressure
10) A team orientation that combines collegiality and creativity to drive and motivate others
11) Comfortable with a computer, MS excel, and working with data sets.
Salary: Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
The Utah State Democratic Party is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The Utah State Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resumes to email@example.com. No calls please.