Tennessee Finance Director
TENNESSEE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
The Tennessee Democratic Party (TNDP) is seeking a Finance Director. The Finance Director will report to the Chair and the Executive Director and direct all aspects of the fundraising program. This position is full-time and based in Nashville, TN.
• Develop, implement and direct a multipronged long-term fundraising plan for the TNDP that results in consistent revenue streams of all sizes.
• Fully prepare and support Chair during call time.
• Plan, coordinate and execute three large-scale fundraising events statewide as well as additional local and regional small-to-medium sized events throughout the year.
• Research current and prospective donors and manage and maintain database of donor records with utmost efficiency and attention to detail. Share relevant data for voter file with Data Director when appropriate.
• Engage staff, TNDP Executive Committee, and other Department Directors to create a culture of fundraising and creatively raise the funds necessary to sustain our work.
• Develop and manage robust intern and volunteer fundraising program and encourage personal and skills development within the program.
• Create and manage process for prompt donor follow up and acknowledgement.
• Work with Compliance Officer to monitor compliance and appropriately solicit, track, and report campaign finance contributions and expenditures.
• Work with Communications Director to explore, implement and maximize online contributions using the most cutting-edge and productive tools available.
• Administer the TNDP sustaining donor programs (Finance Council) and recurring donor programs.
• Through consistent personal call time build and nurture relationships with TNDP constituent groups and stakeholders, including but not limited to party leaders and elected officials (both past and present), individual contributors (both past and present), labor organizations, issue advocacy groups, individual businesses and business groups, and candidate campaigns.
• Prepare quarterly reports for stakeholders.
• Exceptional interpersonal, relationship-building and communication skills.
• Knowledge of NGP software.
• Exceptional project and time management skills. Can efficiently strategize, plan, organize, measure progress and adjust resources as needed during execution of a plan or project.
• Exceptional understanding of low, medium and high-dollar fundraising as well as online fundraising.
• Thinks creatively and acts assuredly.
• At least 2 years of relevant experience. Knowledge of both state and federal election law is helpful.
All qualified applicants may send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.