Tennessee Field Organizer
The Tennessee Democratic Party is hiring three grassroots Field Organizers, one in each grand division, to implement our statewide grassroots organizing initiative. Between now and 2018, our field program will be crucial for building our volunteer base, recruiting and training candidates, and working to empower local communities at the precinct level in order to deliver Democratic victories. We are looking for passionate hardworking individuals who are committed to helping elect Tennessee Democrats.
Grassroots Organizers will report directly to the TNDP Organizing & Outreach Director. Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position.
Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Work directly with county parties to implement precinct-based organizing programs.
- Work directly with other Democratic Party organizations and clubs as well as local allied resistance and issue groups and community, faith-based, civil rights, labor, progressive and other allied or affiliated organizations to recruit, develop and train volunteer teams and leaders;
- Support county chairs, volunteers, and interns to develop organizing skills and build capacity;
- Attend local events to recruit volunteers, spread our message, & build community relationships;
- Execute voter contact efforts, such as phone banks and canvasses;
- Mobilize supporters and amplify TNDP message by creating online communities through social media;
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with local Democratic partners, allied organizations, and resistance groups.
Required Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Enthusiasm for Democratic politics;
- At least once cycle of experience as a field organizer (applicants with rural organizing experience are encouraged to apply);
- Extensive relationship-building and volunteer management experience;
- Working knowledge of and experience with VAN (desired, but not required);
- Strong communications and organizational skills, ability to work independently, and manage multiple tasks;
- Experience organizing and executing successful, engaging trainings;
- Deadline and results-driven leader;
- Ability to work effectively with regional and local leaders;
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
Please submit a cover letter, one page resume, and references to email@example.com.
The Tennessee Democratic Party is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The TNDP is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.