Tennessee Deputy Communications Director
The Tennessee Democratic Party (TNDP) is seeking a Deputy Communications Director. The Deputy Communications Director will report to the Chair and the Director of Communications. This position is full-time and based in Nashville, TN.
This position has a wide range of responsibilities including (but not limited to):
- Assist the Communications Director in researching, developing and drafting speeches, letters, opinion pieces and other printed communications for Chair.
- Write press releases as needed.
- Work with the Communications Director to write and format electronic newsletters and print collateral and develop and maintain website content.
- Maintain an archive of media publications and print/television coverage.
- Assist with the setting up, coordination and facilitation of various media and earned media events, including: interviews, news briefings, speeches, talk shows, press conferences, etc.
- Maintain social media (Facebook, Twitter) presences and use social media and other new media efforts to effectively communicate the TNDP messages.
- Maintaining and updating media lists and monitoring local and national press for relevant stories and developments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Tennessee Democratic Party is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The TNDP is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.