Tennessee Communications Director
The Tennessee Democratic Party (TNDP) is seeking a Communications Director. The Communications Director will report to the Chair and the Executive Director and develop and implement the Party’s communication strategy including digital media, print communication and overall messaging. This position is full-time and based in Nashville, TN.
- Manage and protect TNDP brand
- Work with the State Chair and Executive Director to develop and implement a values-based multipronged long-term communications strategy and plan.
- Field and respond to all media inquiries and oversee comprehensive media tracking program.
- Develop and manage relationships with national, state and local reporters and press outlets.
- Pitch stories to state and national media and generate earned media coverage of the Democratic message through proactive planning and rapid response.
- Write and edit op-eds, press releases, media advisories and statements from the Chair
- Communications support for Democratic caucuses and candidates when needed to help ensure quality communication from all campaigns.
- Travel with and staff the Chair to media events as needed.
- Oversee, or create as needed, the development of electronic communications content, including website, email newsletter and social media.
- Work with communications and research staff at the DNC, DSCC, DCCC to receive communications and messaging updates.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and support other Party operations as necessary.
- Create periodic training sessions for local county party committees.
- Manage robust intern and volunteer program and encourage personal and communications skills development within the program.
- Assemble daily press clips for internal distribution
- At least 2 years of relevant experience working with print, broadcast and online media.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of WordPress, email marketing and social media platforms. Basic HTML a plus.
- Exceptional project and time management skills. Can efficiently strategize, plan, organize, measure progress and adjust resources as needed during execution of multiple projects.
- Ability to work quickly and cooperatively under pressure.
- Thinks creatively and acts assuredly.
- Computer proficiency necessary to update and maintain press lists and databases of surrogates, committees and volunteers
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Jobs@tndp.org.