South Dakota Field Organizer
Position Title: Field Organizer
Location: Rapid City, SD
Application Due: Open until filled
How to Apply:
Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to Sam Parkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list “Field Organizer” in the Subject Line.
Do you support our party’s Mission?
Democrats believe that we’re greater together than we are on our own—that this country succeeds when everyone gets a fair shot, when everyone does their fair share, when everyone plays by the same rules.
Our values guide us in our fight for equality and opportunity for all South Dakotans. It’s with our guiding values that we help elect Democrats up and down the ballot in every corner of the state.
Are you the right fit for our team?
With a small team of staff at the South Dakota Democratic Party, we’re looking for a self-motivated person who is passionate about the work we do to elect Democrats up and down the ballot. The Field Organizer must be able to adapt to diverse situations and demands while keeping a positive attitude at all times.
The Field Organizer must be personable and welcoming to volunteers, elected officials, candidates, donors, partners, prospects, and the press. He/she must be able to develop electoral strategies, execute plans, communicate with activists and county party leaders, inspire volunteers, manage teams, and build diverse coalitions.
Can you fulfill the responsibilities of the job?
The South Dakota Democratic Party is seeking a Field Organizer. This position will collaborate with other staff in creating and implementing a strategic plan, which accomplishes the election of Democrats at all levels of the South Dakota government. An ideal candidate is highly organized, detail-oriented and a responsible self-starter who has proven leadership and management skills. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Overseeing the day to day operations of our Rapid City field office
- Developing and refining voter contact goals for state legislative campaigns.
- Assisting in the recruitment of legislative candidates.
- Offering support and training to legislative candidates throughout their campaigns.
- Providing support and training to county party officers and activists.
- Mobilizing volunteer and voter registration efforts.
- Implementing a statewide coordinated campaign
- Working with candidates to identify geographic and voter-specific targets
- Assessing the state of voter file data and making recommendations for improvements
- Working on an ongoing basis with the State Central Committee and Executive Board
- Organizing and supporting High School and College Democrat groups
- Developing volunteer mobilization and voter contact reporting tools
- Other responsibilities as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Ability to construct and execute training programs
- Experience in recruitment of volunteers
- Experience in working with minority groups or caucuses
- Campaign experience, preferably in Congressional and Legislative races
- Demonstrated writing and data analysis skills
- Ability to plan and manage time sensitive projects with competing needs
- Proficiency in VAN, Microsoft Office, and Google Docs
- Capacity and desire to work long hours in a campaign setting
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Great organizational and communications skills
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please list “Field Organizer” in the Subject Line. Interviews will be scheduled after review of resume. Position open until filled. Ideal Start Date: October 16, 2017.
The South Dakota Democratic Party is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law.