Oregon Digital Director
The Democratic Party of Oregon seeks a Digital Director who will manage and grow all digital properties of the Party, including our email list, social media accounts, and website traffic. You’ll work every day to engage and inspire Democrats in Oregon and hold Republicans accountable.
This is a key team member with responsibility for the Party’s digital communications work, reporting directly to the Executive Director. The Digital Director will also assist the Executive Director in working with the Oregon media.
- Manage and develop an integrated digital campaign plan for the Party, including email, social media, and web properties.
- Work with the Executive Director and Development Director to achieve online fundraising and engagement goals.
- Write, edit, and design content for the Party’s email list. Segment lists, test approaches, and use best practices to raise money, mobilize volunteers, and help elect candidates up and down the ticket.
- Promote events and fundraising initiatives with advertising on Facebook and other online platforms.
- Manage the Democratic Party of Oregon website; create and maintain websites for internal constituencies, elected officials, and candidates.
- Support staff, officers, and volunteers in the use of websites, email blasting platforms, and social media programs.
- Create supporting materials for the development program, including sponsorship sheets and event programs.
- Engage Democrats online and expand our base by writing, editing, designing, and curating content for the Democratic Party of Oregon’s social media accounts.
- Handle press inquiries, write press releases, and assist Executive Director in working with media.
- Track breaking news and current events to develop content for email and social media. Identify opportunities for online engagement and track digital trends to grow our online program.
- Track and analyze digital data.
- Manage email preflight and quality control of all of the Democratic Party of Oregon’s online communications.
- Work as part of a team and pitch in on crucial projects in any way needed.
- Excellent persuasive writing skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience with email and digital organizing, communications, and online fundraising.
- Experience with email blasting, CRM, or online advocacy tools such as NGP.
- Experience with content management systems such as Drupal or WordPress.
- Experience with Photoshop required; experience with InDesign or other desktop publishing software preferred.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Proven experience managing multiple complex projects and finishing tasks on deadline.
- Ability to track and understand digital data. Experience with Google Analytics is helpful.
- Passion for electing Democrats and working with members of the broad coalition that make up our Party.
- Comfortable working with high-level Democratic officials, candidates, staff, and donors.
Helpful but not required
- Experience with digital video editing platforms such as Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Basic videography and photography skills.
- Some knowledge of—or willingness to learn—website building and administration skills. This position may involve UNIX command line work!
- Comfortable with working in a Mac OS X environment.
How to apply
This is a full-time position, available immediately, with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send resume, cover letter explaining your interest in the position, salary requirements, and three professional references as PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is February 6, 2017, although the position will remain open until filled. Finalists will be asked to complete a writing test to show their skill with writing blast emails.
The Democratic Party of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. The Democratic Party of Oregon recognizes that our continued success requires recruiting and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents and reflects the diverse communities that make up the Democratic Party and Oregon.