Ohio Finance Director
The Ohio Democratic Party is hiring a Finance Director. The Finance Director will drive the overall strategy of the finance team. The Director will have responsibility for developing and executing strategic fundraising plans and meeting performance milestones, with continual progress toward larger organizational goals. Additionally, he or she will be an aggressive innovator of new ideas, approaches, and opportunities to raise the necessary funds.
The Finance Director will work closely with leadership and report to the Executive Director.
Finance Director Responsibilities include:
- The development of annual strategic finance and fundraising plan
- The tracking of all relevant data and metrics
- Oversight of all fundraising activities including call time and small and large events
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with existing donors and new donors
- Manage, direct and oversee finance staff; regularly communicate strategy and goals with leadership
- Cultivate relationships with candidates and campaign managers across the state and at all levels to aid in building their strong finance plans
Finance Director Qualifications:
- A minimum of 4 cycles prior political fundraising experience – including experience writing a finance plan
- Prior staff management experience a plus
- Prior experience with targeting contributors and follow up management
- Ability to manage myriad of details and stay on top of multiple tasks, large and small, at once
- Social media skills
- Excellent verbal, writing and analytical skills – the ability to speak persuasively in a charged atmosphere;
- A strong commitment to Democratic ideals and issues
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and NGP
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, and references to HR Director Sarah Ross at SRoss@ohiodems.org.
The ODP is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or disability.