North Dakota Digital Director
Digital Director – North Dakota Democratic- NPL
The North Dakota Democratic-NPL seeks a Digital Director who will manage and grow all digital properties of the Party. The Digital Director will be responsible for executing the messaging strategy set by the Chair, Executive Director, and Press Secretary on social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter, and other platforms as they arise. He/she will report to the Executive Director and will work closely with the Executive Director, the Press Secretary, Finance Director, party consultants, and statewide candidates to execute strategic communications goals and raise the North Dakota Democratic-NPL’s public profile.
- Effectively execute the messaging goals set by the Chair, Executive Director, and Press Secretary
- Manage and develop an integrated digital campaign plan for the Democratic-NPL, including fundraising/list building emails, social media, and web properties.
- Write, edit, and design content for the party’s email list. Segment lists, test approaches, and use best practices to raise money, mobilize volunteers, and help elect candidates up and down the ticket.
- Generate and enhance earned media and communications resources. Create a cohesive statewide message by writing, editing, designing, and curating content for the party’s social media accounts and the social media accounts of our local affiliates.
- Develop and manage a robust social media program which integrates our message and tracks progress and effectiveness of our effort. Write and disseminate press releases, media advisories, statements from the Chair, and other outreach materials.
- Create social media graphics and videos to elevate the party’s social media brand and messaging
- Work as a part of the team and pitch in on crucial projects in any way needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with email and digital organizing, communications, and online fundraising.
- Experience with Photoshop required; experience with InDesign or other desktop publishing software preferred
- Experience in graphic design, social media management, and strategic communications
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Proven experience managing multiple complex projects and finishing tasks on time
- Basic videography and photography skills preferred
- Experience with NGP and Blue State Digital
- Willing to relocate to North Dakota upon hire
How to Apply:
This is a full-time position, available immediately, with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send resume, cover letter explaining your interest in the position, salary requirements writing sample, and three professional references as PDF attachments to Scott McNeil- Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Your Name- Digital Director” in the subject line. Deadline for applications is Monday September 25th at 5:00 PM CST, although the position will remain open until filled. Finalists will be asked to complete a writing test to show their skill with writing blast emails.
No person shall be discriminated against in seeking employment with the North Dakota Democratic-NPL because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, height, weight, creed, sexual orientation, economic status or disability