North Dakota Deputy Coordinated Campaign Director
Deputy Coordinated Campaign Director
North Dakota Dem-NPL
Coordinated Campaign Director
The Deputy Coordinated Campaign Director (DCCD) will be an integral part of the 2018 North Dakota Coordinated Campaign (NDCC). The DCCD will manage Regional Field Directors (RFDs), with a particular focus on the western half of the state. In addition to training staff on fundamentals of management and voter outreach, the DCCD will serve as a liaison between the NDCC and democratic district members, legislative candidates, and allied activist groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hiring, managing, training and mentoring a staff of RFDs and Field Organizers (FOs)
- Providing weekly goals for a team of RFDs, and holding NDCC field staff accountable for reaching goals in all metrics, including:Conduct a thorough and effective training program for field staff at all levels, and implement procedures that establish clear lines of communication and effective accountability for all field staff
- Direct voter contact via door knocks, phone, and text
- Volunteer recruitment and team building
- Commit to vote card collection
- Distribution of Absentee Ballot Request Forms
- Other metrics as assigned
- Conduct a thorough and effective training program for field staff at all levels, and implement procedures that establish clear lines of communication and effective accountability for all field staff
- Working with the Coordinated Campaign Director to communicate the goals and objectives of the NDCC to allied groups, party leaders, donors, activists and other stakeholders
- Conduct scheduled performance reviews and provide regular feedback to NDCC staff
- Assist in the creation of scripts, survey questions, online content, and training materials for NDCC staff
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 or more cycles of campaign field experience
- At least 1 year of managerial experience
- Experience organizing volunteers within a structured organizing model
- Experience writing and executing a field plan
- Proficiency with Vote Builder
- Strong public speaking skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Respect for, and experience in, collaborating with data professionals and working within data-driven field programs
- Comfortable working long, irregular hours for Democratic candidates and causes
- Commitment to empowering staff and volunteers at all levels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Competitive monthly salary with fully paid health insurance.
To apply, email your cover letter, resume, and three references to Tom Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate Deputy Coordinated Campaign Director in the subject.
Please direct any questions to Tom Bryant at email@example.com.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled, and interviews will occur on a rolling basis on or after January 16, 2018.
The ND Dem-NPL is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff. ND Dem-NPL is an equal opportunity employer, and it is ND Dem-NPL policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity, economic background, or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.