New Mexico Finance Director
The Democratic Party of New Mexico has an opening for a Finance Director. We are seeking an experienced fundraiser who will help to serve as a strategic leader of DPNM’s finance department. The Finance Director will be responsible for managing the operations of the department, which includes but is not limited to:
- Developing and executing strategic fundraising plans and meeting goals contained within
- Planning and executing successful events
- Preparing and managing call time for DPNM officers
- Managing all donor follow-up activity
- Maintaining accuracy of the donor database
- Working with the Executive Director to ensure that cash flow and budgetary projections are met and identifying new revenue streams.
- Serving as a resource to county parties, DPNM officers and staff, and candidates about fundraising strategy and reporting requirements.
- A minimum of 2 years prior political fundraising experience – experience working on a Statewide or Congressional political campaign or a state political party preferred.
- Experience with online and direct mail fundraising
- Experience managing call time
- Experience creating finance/fundraising plans and prospectuses
- Experience conceptualizing, organizing, and executing successful fundraising events
- Experience managing staff and/or volunteers preferred
- A record of and a commitment to innovative approaches in additional to the traditional fundraising tactics and strategies
- Prior experience with targeting contributors and follow-up management
- Ability to manage details and stay on top of multiple tasks, large and small, at once
- Social media skills
- A creative problem solver with a history of developing innovative approaches of fundraising
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills – the ability to speak persuasively in a charged atmosphere;
- A strong commitment to Democratic ideals and issues and a true team player
- Effective computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, and NGP/VAN.
To apply, please send a (1) resume, (2) cover letter, (3) political writing sample, and (4) three professional references to Joe Kabourek, Executive Director, at email@example.com. DPNM seeks to fill the position as soon as possible, so please apply now if interested as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No cold calls, please. Salary is commensurate with experience. The Democratic Party of New Mexico is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or disability.