New Hampshire Finance Director
The New Hampshire Democratic Party is seeking an experienced and outgoing Finance Director to continue building momentum as we approach the 2017 municipal elections and special elections, and as we move into the 2018 election cycle. The Finance Director will work closely with the Executive Director and Chair to create and manage the State Party’s financial and donor management operations. The ideal candidate will have experience in event planning, call time management, donor research, online fundraising, and financial planning. The Finance Director reports to the Executive Director.
Position Responsibilities Include:
● Working with Party leadership and staff to create and implement a short and long term fundraising/financial plan for the Party that defines financial needs and develops new and existing revenue streams; secure buy in from elected leaders, partners, and allies.
● Managing and executing events, such as the annual McIntyre Shaheen 100 Club dinner and the Kennedy Clinton dinner along with the State Convention and Mid Term Convention, and all other activities related to fundraising and donor programs.
● Maintain and ensure accuracy of donor database and conducting research on new and potential contributors.
● Raise funds through personal call time and staffing officers during call time.
● Work with the Executive Director to ensure cash flow and budget projections are met.
● Maintain NHDP Victor Council Finance Committee made up of high dollar donors and other NHDP stakeholders.
● Be a resource for Democratic County and Town Committees, elected officials and candidates on fundraising strategy and reporting.
● Must successfully work with our elected officials and candidates.
● Assist with trips and visits from national leaders and New Hampshire Presidential Primary related activities.
● Manage donor acknowledgement, including timely thank you letters and tracking outgoing letters in the NHDP finance database.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Minimum of two to three years of related work experience on a political campaign, for a state party or national committee, or for a non-profit organization. Excellent personal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
● Great verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including attention to detail.
● Large and small project management experience.
● Understanding of both state and federal election law is very beneficial, as is a demonstrated ability to understand the interplay of federal and non-federal money.
● Knowledge of NGP, VAN and graphic design software.
● Willingness to travel throughout New Hampshire and nationally.
● Ability to work nights and weekends, as needed.
How to Apply: To apply please send a cover letter, resume, two writing samples (fundraising email and fundraising event invitation) and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please list “Finance Director Application” in the subject line. No calls, please. Applications improperly submitted will not be accepted. Position will be open until filled and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Background – Our Party New Hampshire Democrats stand for policies that support strong, healthy communities and families, a strong economy with opportunities for growth and a fundamental system of fairness and justice. Democrats are committed to spurring job creation, building our infrastructure, and bringing fairness and opportunity to our economy and our civic life. We believe that healthy communities and strong families are essential to the well- being of our citizens and to our ability to foster business development and a vibrant economy. We are committed to upholding the right of every eligible voter to cast their ballot free from unnecessary restrictions. We pledge a government that works collaboratively across the aisle to address the issues that matter to the people of New Hampshire.
The New Hampshire Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive workplace.
The NHDP is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or disability.