Nebraska Executive Director
POSITION TITLE: Nebraska Democratic Party Executive Director
REPORTS TO: Nebraska Democratic Party Chair Jane Kleeb
LOCATION: Lincoln, Nebraska
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Executive Director, working with the State Chair and party officers, oversees all programmatic and fundraising activities of the state party. The Executive Director is responsible for managing the organization so that it can win elections for Democrats in a complex, competitive political environment.
To apply for this job, you must have at least 10 years of professional nonprofit, business or political senior management experience. Additionally, you must have managed a team of at least 3 people and raised over $200,000 in a calendar year. Specific responsibilities and skills needed for the position are listed below.
The position is responsible, at a minimum, for the following:
- Serve as the chief strategic and tactical executive of the Nebraska Democratic Party. To include managing political relationships across the state and country.
- Raise the funds needed to run the party organization. This includes creating an overall fundraising plan, systems to manage call time, special events (e.g. ME Dinner), monthly donor program and national and state partner proposals.
- Hire and manage all staff which incudes at a minimum–conduct yearly performance reviews, plan staff development/training, as well as reviewing staff functions and restructuring job responsibilities, if necessary.
- Create an annual budget, with input and approval from the Chair, Treasurer, State Central Committee (SCC) and State Executive Committee (SEC). Ensure on a daily basis all staff are adhering to the operating budget. Work with the Treasurer to provide monthly reports to the SCC and SEC.
- Working with the Treasurer and Compliance Firm, manage the organization’s finances, track income and expenditures, pay bills, and maintain records and accounts in order to produce financial stability. Ensure the organization complies with all applicable laws governing political parties, including timely filing of required state and federal reports.
- Develop, with the Communications Director, a plan for weekly messages, press releases, online communications, relationships with journalists, and other innovative ways to ensure we connect with voters and keep Republicans accountable.
- Establish a Coordinated Campaign table that is responsible for recruiting candidates, raising resources, Vote by Mail program, mailings, volunteer management, ad buys, consultant hiring and other required components of a successful coordinated campaign.
- Plan and execute quarterly SEC and SCC meetings with the host county to include development of online and print packets, reports and other materials.
- Attend quarterly Democratic National Committee and the Association of State Democratic Chairs meetings with the Nebraska Party Chair and other officers.
- Grow the grassroots leaders of the Nebraska Democratic Party through trainings, issue forums and other creative ideas.
Candidates must have the following skills:
- At least 10 years experience in Executive/Senior level management in political campaigns but could include public sector, not-for-profit, private industry and/or trade associations. The ideal profile of career experiences would include a blend of sectors.
- A clear understanding of all aspects of winning elections including state-of-the-art campaign techniques, new technology, campaign planning, targeting, polling, election law, grassroots/issue-based mobilizing and get-out-the-vote programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain a credible reputation and high profile presence in the community on behalf of the Nebraska Democratic Party.
- Proven experience in writing proposal, soliciting and securing both small and large donations.
- Relationships with state and national partners.
- Media experience with on-air TV, writing of blogs, radio and print interviews.
- Knowledge and understanding of political dynamics within Nebraska.
- Obsessed about the success of the Democratic Party and the quality of life for Nebraskans.
This position will remain open until Jan. 15th when all resume and cover letters are due. Submit resume and cover letter that includes salary requirement to the NDP Secretary, Charlene Ligon, by 5pm CT on Jan. 15, 2017. Please use this email: email@example.com.