Minnesota Training & Party Affairs Deputy
Minnesota Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party
TRAINING & PARTY AFFAIRS DEPUTY
The Minnesota DFL Party is now accepting applications for the following job. Training & Party Affairs Deputy. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and list of references, and a Voluntary Self-Identification form (Optional) by postal or electronic mail to:
Minnesota DFL Party
255 East Plato Boulevard
St. Paul, MN 55107-1623
The deadline for applications is: Friday September 1st
Title: Training & Party Affairs Deputy
Status: Full-time employment
Minimum Qualifications: Each applicant must have at least these qualifications and, except in an extraordinary case, will not be considered without them:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Active membership in the DFL Party (or the Democratic Party in another state).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong skills in Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Google Docs.
- Reputation as an upbeat self-starter with a problem-solving attitude.
- A properly insured vehicle for travel around the state as necessary.
Preferred Qualifications: These additional qualifications, while not absolutely essential, are highly preferred, and will significantly bolster an application:
- Service as a party-unit officer and/or extensive experience as a leader in the DFL Party, with deep knowledge of its mission, values, structure, rules and procedures.
- Experience working with VAN/VoteBuilder, WordPress, Photoshop, InDesign (or other graphic design software).
Duties: The Training & Party Affairs Deputy will:
- Work closely with the Training & Party Affairs Director to disseminate best practices for leadership, organizing, fundraising and campaigning, as well as important party rules and procedures through training events – helping to establish curriculum, recruit presenters, select venues, organize promotions, handle registration and manage budgets.
- Provide information to party units about compliance with the Party’s constitution, bylaws, and other policies, as directed.
- Interact with party activists, statewide committees and other related organizations – answering questions and taking action to meet their needs, as directed.
- Maintain up-to-date rosters and member databases (SEC, SCC, Unit Officers, Standing Committees, etc.).
- Coordinate website updates of Training & Party Affairs content (Party documents, Resources, Local Unit Officers, Training Summit, Caucus and Convention, etc.).
- Support planning and implementation for large events including: Precinct Caucuses, State Convention, National Convention, Training Summit and State Fair booth.
- Provide staff support to the Constitution, Bylaws & Rules Committee, Outreach and Inclusion Committee, Party Affairs & Coordinated Campaign Committee and Platform & Issues Committee, as directed.
- Maintain files of agendas, minutes, and other records of the Party’s governing bodies.
- Perform such other duties as the Training & Party Affairs Director assigns.
Organization: The Training & Party Affairs Deputy reports to the Training & Party Affairs Director (and, through the Executive Director, to the State Chair).
Diversity: The DFL Party encourages the participation in its leadership of the many diverse groups within the Party. The Minnesota DFL Party is an equal-opportunity employer.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.