Minnesota Digital Director
The Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party seeks a Digital Director to join the party’s fast-paced, collaborative communications team.
- Use digital media to rapidly respond to breaking news and spread the DFL’s message.
- Create and regularly post original content to the DFL’s social media accounts.
- Produce eye-catching graphics and videos in a timely manner.
- Oversee DFL website, microsites, and online initiatives.
- Make data-driven decisions to grow our online following.
- Harness digital organizing tools to engage volunteers, fundraise, and elect DFLers.
- Assist local organizing units with boosting their online presence.
- Serve as in-house photographer.
- Compose weekly digital newsletter.
- Assist with traditional press items as needed.
- Active membership in the DFL Party (or the Democratic Party in another state).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience conceiving, planning, and producing video and graphic design content for digital distribution under tight deadlines with a close attention to detail.
- Familiarity with using, and analyzing metrics for, popular social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud programs, including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere.
- Background with motion graphics (such as using Adobe After Effects).
- Strong writing skills.
- Willingness to work long, unpredictable hours, and pitch in wherever needed.
- Political experience preferred, but not required.
Organization: The Digital Director reports to the Communications Director (and, through the Executive Director, to the State Chair).
Diversity: The DFL Party encourages the participation in its leadership of the many diverse groups within the Party. The Minnesota DFL Party is an equal-opportunity employer.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: Applications are due Friday, October 27th. Please send resume, cover letter, and portfolio of graphic design and video work to Communications Director Kayla Castaneda at email@example.com.