Maryland Field Organizer
|Organization:||Maryland Democratic Party|
|Type of Position:||Full-Time – Short-Term|
The Maryland Democratic Party is hiring Field Organizers for our 2017 canvassing program. Field Organizers are responsible for recruiting, training and managing regional volunteer teams, coordinating phone banks and canvasses, and organizing local grassroots trainings. The chosen candidates will be directly responsible for delivering the margin of victory in their region.
- Identifying, recruiting, training, and supervising volunteer teams;
- Coordinating and participating in direct voter contact programs to motivate and mobilize voters in key regions;
- Detailed regular reporting of regional activities and program results;
- Representing the party at meetings and community events;
Our ideal candidate for the position has the following qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully relate to voters and volunteers from a wide range of backgrounds;
- Must be able to work independently and in team settings;
- Must be able to work long and irregular hours as needed;
- Basic computer literacy and database skills;
- Must have a driver’s license and access to a car;
- One year of campaign experience or community organizing experience preferred but not necessary.
To apply, send a resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Maryland Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or disability.