Maryland Digital Communications Manager
Job Title: Digital Communications Manager
Employer: Maryland Democratic Party
Location: Annapolis, Maryland
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with experience
The Maryland Democratic Party seeks an experienced Digital Communications Manager to be part of the Party’s energetic, collaborative communications team. The person in this role is responsible for overseeing the Party’s digital presence — on social media and on the web — to help communicate the Democratic vision and push back against the Republican agenda in Maryland and the country. The Digital Communications Manager reports to the Senior Communications Adviser, and works closely with the Finance team, Executive Director and the Chair to execute overall strategy. Candidates should be creative and enterprising self-starters with experience working in fast-paced environments, be fluent in current social media and web tools, and have a keen eye for evolving digital trends and quickly identifying opportunities to amplify the Party’s message.
The position is based in Annapolis, MD.
Major responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing a digital strategy in coordination with the Senior Communications Advisor that communicates the Democratic vision and pushes back against the Republican agenda in Maryland.
- Write, manage and post all digital content across channels to complement the communications strategy, including (but not limited to): website, email campaigns, Twitter, Facebook – as well as launch the party’s presence on new platforms.
- Draft the Chair’s weekly email newsletter that keeps subscribers apprised of news updates, upcoming events and engagements.
- Hold trainings for those with less experience in social media realm—i.e., a strong ability and desire to teach others, including party activists, candidates and elected officials, on how these outreach tools can be used.
- Work with Finance team to identify fundraising and online engagement opportunities.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in digital media technology and online activism.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience desirable; and a demonstrated record of leading successful online media projects, including but not limited to social media campaigns, website management and producing audio/visual content for online purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong writing skills (from a full communications plan to an 140 character Tweet) and good editorial judgment.
- Demonstrable experience producing audio and video content as well as graphics, using production software, including knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience with website production, including major back-end content management systems (CMS) and CSS/html.
- Superior project management skills—multitasking is essential—with a demonstrated-outcomes orientation and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Flexibility to accommodate irregular and sometimes long work hours. Occasional evenings/weekends, and to conduct in-state and out-of-state travel
- An excellent sense of humor.
Please include a cover letter, resume, salary requirement, a sample of your writing and digital work in your application. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Application form
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary based on the applicant’s experience and skillset.
The Maryland Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or disability.