Kentucky Political Director
The Kentucky Democratic Party is seeking a seasoned political professional to fill the role of State Political Director based out of Frankfort office. In this role, you’ll lead the KDP’s multi-cycle effort to build a powerful and effective political program that integrates our state, district, county, and local work building capacity across multiple cycles. You will collaborate with staff and volunteer leadership of the organization to design and implement a political program that fully leverages and builds Democratic Party across all 120 counties of the Commonwealth.
To be successful in this role, you should have extensive political campaign experience, including the ability to develop and implement sophisticated strategic field operations, capacity and temperament to manage multiple, complex, concurrent projects, strong fundraising experience and the ability to work well with multiple stakeholders to develop strategic campaigns.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Designing, planning and executing the KDP Political Outreach Program statewide.
- Implementing a political strategy for staff, local elected leaders, county parties, allied organizations, and activists.
- Supporting 2018 campaigns with strategic planning and tactical training.
- Working with other KDP staff to ensure that the KDP and its campaigns have the support of key stakeholders, local leaders and opinion makers as well as elected officials.
- Building relationships with local leaders, key stakeholders and activists in preparation for a statewide campaign effort.
- Building a strong party for future years and election cycles.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director with substantial involvement from the Chairman of the KDP.
Qualified candidates should have:
- A minimum of at least two (2) years of political experience;
- At least one full cycle in campaign experience; and
- Experience in managing staff.
How to Apply
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, three writing samples (fundraising email, direct mail letter, and fundraising event invitation) and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please list “Political Director Application” in the subject line. Position will be open until filled. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Kentucky Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.