Florida Compliance Assistant
The Florida Democratic Party (FDP) is seeking a Tallahassee based Compliance Assistant. The Compliance Assistant should have a good eye for detail and knowledge of FEC guidelines. Moreover, this person should feel comfortable working with numbers, reports, and multiple databases along with state and federal compliance rules that guide our processes. The Compliance Assistant will join the FDP team to help energize our base and help deliver Democratic victories up and down the ticket. The Compliance Assistant is responsible for:
- Assisting the Chief Financial Officer on upkeep and maintenance of campaign database, including donor information and prospective extensive donor research
- Maintaining the NGPVAN database by entering expenditures and contributions
- Accounts Receivable/ Payable
- Managing contribution check deposits, processing credit card payments, tracking online contributions (Paypal & ActBlue), and receiving refunds for disbursements
- Monitoring bank statements for debit transactions.
- Booking travel reservations for FDP staff.
- Maintaining a spreadsheet of office leases and service accounts.
- Other assigned duties
Qualifications and Skills:
- Accounting background preferred but not required
- Effective computer skills, including Microsoft Office and NGP
- The ability to work with confidential and/or sensitive information
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of Florida political, electoral and legislative processes
- Committed to details, results, meeting goals, and consistent improvement
- Ability to approach problem solving with creativity and initiative
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Ability to take direction from multiple department directors
- The ability to perform and even thrive in high stress environments
- The ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines and handle regular challenges with a positive attitude
- The ability and willingness to work long hours and weekends
This position is based in Tallahassee and is highly collaborative and crucial to FDP achieving its mission of electing Democrats at all levels in 2018. Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, and three references in one PDF format (other formats not accepted) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line.