Colorado Executive Director
Position title: Colorado Democratic Party Executive Director
Reports to: Colorado Democratic Party Chair Morgan Carroll
Location: Denver, Colorado
We are looking for a hard-working, organized, meticulous and positive visionary committed to winning elections, engaging and including voters, volunteers, grassroots activists, candidates, elected officials, and party supporters. The Executive Director oversees all programmatic and fundraising activities of the State Party. The Executive Director is responsible for all day-to-day management of the organization.
MANAGE, MOTIVATE AND TRAIN ALL STAFF:
- Hire and manage all staff which includes conducting yearly performance reviews, plan staff development and training as well as reviewing staff functions and job responsibilities.
- Supervise, develop and support local and remote staff.
- Recruit, hire onboard and provide training opportunities for staff as the organization grows.
- Be familiar with and comply with employer requirements for employee rights in the workplace and employer responsibilities for workers compensation, unemployment, taxes and insurance.
- Must be committed to a healthy and productive team workplace environment.
- Raise the funds needed to run the party organization. This includes creating and managing an overall fundraising plan, call time, systems to manage call time, special events, monthly donor program and national and state partner proposals.
- Take a strong personal role in fundraising efforts. Interact proactively and effectively with a large range of donors.
- Work with fundraising consultant(s) and/or vendor(s) to monitor and maximize fundraising efforts.
- Provide final review and approval of all financial activities including fundraising, campaign finance reports and tax filings.
- Working with the Chair and Treasurer, create and manage an annual budget that is consistent with the Party’s strategic plans.
- Working with the Treasurer and Compliance Director, manage the organization’s finances, track income and expenditures, pay bills and maintain records and accounts in order to produce financial stability. Ensure the organization complies with all applicable laws governing political parties, including timely filing of required state and federal reports.
BUILDING & MAINTAINING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with Democratic Party leaders, elected officials, key constituencies and donors.
- Develop training programs for the state party and grassroots activists, including county party and candidate trainings.
- Respond promptly and helpfully to emails, voicemails, queries and feedback.
ORGANIZE, PLAN & IMPLEMENT LARGE, LOGISTICALLY COMPLICATED MEETINGS:
- Organize all meetings of the State Central and State Executive Committees as required by the State Party bylaws.
- Assist and train counties with county caucuses, vacancy committees.
- Organize, plan and implement state assemblies and conventions and large fundraising events.
- Implement programs such as delegate selection, platform development and voter registration.
- Review and monitor milestones in the strategic plan and report to the Chair.
PARTY COORDINATING WITH OTHER PARTY GROUPS:
- Coordinate with all County Democratic Parties, national organizations, including but not limited to: DNC, DGA, DMO, DSCC, DCCC and DLCC.
- Serve as a liaison with the staffs of the Democratic National Committee and the Association of State Democratic Chairs.
- Represent party interests in coordinated campaign activities to ensure consistent messaging, solid internal controls and reporting compliance.
- Develop, strengthen and grow the Party officers and grassroots leaders of the Colorado Democratic Party and implement the 64-County Strategy.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
- Must have excellent personal skills with a proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Must be highly organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and meet or exceed deadlines.
- Must be good at initiating, tracking, and completing projects for officers and all staff.
- Must be willing and able to travel in Colorado, including overnights and weekends. This position also requires limited out of state travel.
- Must have a proven ability to handle and respond well under stress.
- Must be dedicated to the Democratic Party.
- Must have familiarity with Party functions and structures, including but not limited to: nominating processes, caucuses, assemblies, and conventions.
- Must have experience using VAN, email blast systems, and Microsoft Office; NGP and Adobe Creative Suite, a plus.
- Experience managing professional staff, a plus.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and three references to Anne Wilseck, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
No person shall be discriminated against in seeking employment with the Colorado Democratic Party because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, creed, sexual orientation, economic status or disability.